Make Black Friday and Cyber Monday Safe(r).
November 25th, 2022
It can be wild out there, with a galaxy of websites competing for your dollars and data. Here are seven quick tips to make your Black Friday and Cyber Monday safe(r).
- Be skeptical. If a deal looks too good, it probably is. Move on.
- Use a VPN. If you’re visiting more sites than usual, you’re also leaving more footprints than usual, scattering your personal all over the internet. A VPN will help with that.
- Use an ad-blocker. It will make your shopping experience a lot more enjoyable. And, it will prevent advertisers from scooping up your data.
- You’ll get a lot of emails over the holiday shopping season. Think twice before clicking any links within. If you aren’t totally certain it’s legitimate, don’t click.
- Shop from trusted sources. Be wary of pop-up shops.
- Use multi-factor identification whenever possible.
- Steer clear of public wifi networks, as they can leave you vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.
Enjoy the season, find the perfect gifts on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and stay safe(r). We add that “r” on the end as a reminder: There is no totally safe way to shop online. But if you’re careful, you can boost your chances of avoiding disaster.